Turner’s Crossing Wine Vineyard is located on the outskirts of Bendigo, a historic wine-growing region in Central Victoria, Australia. The vines are situated alongside the banks of the Loddon River, at Turner’s Crossing, a popular ford used by local farmers in the mid to late 1800s.
For well over a century the ranges of Central Victoria surrounding Bendigo have been home to some of Australia’s greatest wines. The first grape vineyards were planted in the region in 1856, just after the start of the gold rush, which brought tens of thousands of hopeful diggers from around world to Bendigo, many of whom had extensive knowledge of the wines and foods of Europe. Their knowledge, combined with the exceptional quality of Bendigo fruit, yielded wines of such distinction that the judges at the 1873 Vienna Exhibition were heard to exclaim of Bendigo’s early Hermitage (Shiraz) that “no Colonial wine can be that good!”
The tradition of great wines in Bendigo continues with the Turners Crossing Winery, as evidenced by the accolades and numerous awards these outstanding wines have received.
Enquiries: (03) 5448 8464 or firstname.lastname@example.org